FIVE TIPS TO GET AN EMPTY INBOX

Enjoy the zero mails in the inbox moment to the fullest with these tips. I was never organised as i am now, not even closer to this. The credit must be allotted to TH. As ours was an arranged marriage, we had met only twice (very briefly), the first time he saw my phone and tab, he had a revelation (whom have i married) and 'aww' seconds. The perfectionist, systematic, organised freak pitied me after seeing the cluttered phone and tab screens. Full with unwanted stuff, widgets and useless apps. I took it up as a challenge, sat down till i cleared organised my digital buddies (they too thanked me in return, only i can hear them, see them, feel them 😂).
The same theory was applied to my email inbox.

I had approximately 400 plus unread mail. Cleared everything, made new folders, mails were assimilated to respective folders. I completed a herculean task and is rejoicing it even now, the effort worth a lot, trust me. Give it a try.

1. Maintain only ONE mail account.

I know we had this email id making spree in our late teens or early adulthood. Choose the most commonly used omes, and merge them to one (check settings). I merged mine and have to check only one mail account to which i merged another two.

2. Trash every 15 days

Usually your trash box gets cleared every 30 days. As u will have to trash all the unwanted mails daily, u will have lots of trash. Don't worry about your online orders, they will reach u within two weeks, in case of refund and return it will still be there in your trash for one month. So trash newsletter, mails from ex, banks etc. Be the insensitive version of yourself, don't hold on to sentiments,  e rash, rude and delete. I have never regretted for deleting mails. The ones i need are safe in fokders or archives.

3. Make folders with funky names

As part of clearing your mailbox, u will have recognise the kind of mails there, so separate it as work, family, banking etc. U can make sub folders in work itself to simplify more. As my researcb was on hypermasculinity in  james bond, i made a folder named james bond which contains mails from my guide. And seeing a folder with that name gives  a thrill to me. Those from your ex can be named something like "Rogue Mails", "Never Open", "Devdas", oh thats too mean...those are just examples, i have no folders for my ex, he doesn't deserve a folder there, so went straight into trash.

4. Create shortcuts

As i am using outlook mail, it has fantastic userfriendly, eye appealing os, everything about maintaining is easy. If i swipe left over a particular mail thread, it is delete and if right then its "read".

5. Daily clearing up

Once u get a zero mail inbox, and you experience an epiphany, u will always want reach to that point. So once its empty, its easy maintaining. The task of empty inbox might be tough in the beginning but its all worth it. No pain no gain!
From then on clear up inbox daily or every two days.

Why do u want to add clutter to your life? Consider it as a small step towards an organised lifestyle. After such small steps, i am now in a zen mode. It gives a great solace to see empty inbox, or fewer mails to read , respond and trash.

Comments

Popular Posts