Einstein of Literature and little on Harper Lee

Late Mr Umberto Eco, I still remember the chapter in 12th std English text book, where in I learned the meaning of excerpt and heard about symbiotics and The Name of the Rose. It was an excerpt of your interview with one Mr Mukundan of The Hindu newspaper (not certainly sure of the name of the journalist, and if I still remember all these then the credit goes to the wonderful English teacher of CKMNSS, Indu miss)
I had borrowed this book of yours from SSUS library during my pg days but couldn't make out much from it. I consoled myself, I have got a weak comprehension or the weakest cognitive skills. Later downloaded the film adaptation, every time I tried watching it, it produced large yaws capable of swallowing the 15 inch laptop. Thus, ended my tyranny. But you have inspired me beyond thoughts. I loved the word semiotics and considered u the living Foucault. Now that u have gone to another horizon, I request u to tell almighty to create a person or persona that can actually deconstruct your works to much simpler ones or to improvise my reading and cognitive abilities so that I or many like me can imbue your hard work on the paper and finally be a good circle at the end. Hope u get my point if not, this might be closer to your kind of writing.
Ignore my sarcastic words, its just out of my agony hearing of your departure which was close another favourite person of mine, Harper Lee.
Oh you beautiful lady, you gave us two gorgeous fictional kids Scout and Jem. I love Scout more than other child characters. She is truly a gem. Almost all the siblings have executed the petty crimes and pranks as shown in the novel. And certainly me and my sis have done. I don't mind the rape scene or the racial inequality or the boring court scenes. My favourite ones are the children's voice and world of it. How well have captured it. A good deed u ever did was not to write for two decades and would have been even more happy if u hadn't published a second book. Even then u will remembered with much adorance. First time heard your novel was in a mid casual talk with Praveena ma'am in my degree class.
The movie was spectacular. George Peck, only u could play the father of Scout n Jem.
Really sad when legends wanes off. Yet, your words remain as strong as they were, may even more.
Dear Eco, thank god your books were never prescribed in the syllabus, if it had been so, students would have partially killed u with swear words and curses. You don't deserve those. You are the Einstein of Literature. Muahh!

Comments

Popular Posts